It might not be the first thing you think of when you think of your morning cup of coffee but you can actually get a little extra protein in your day by adding hemp protein powder to your daily pick-me-up. If you are a fan of thicker, more full bodied hot beverages (like champurrado) you have got to try this!
In this recipe the protein powder is dissolved in hot coffee or hot water. There may be a little residual powder at the bottom of your mug when you finish your coffee, similar to what occurs when using hot cocoa mix. This is usually remedied by giving extra time to stirring or simply drinking more coffee! Big mug users rejoice!
If you are short on time, follow the simple steps below:
- Dissolve 5 tablespoons of Anavii Hemp Protein Powder in a mug of at least 10 ounces hot coffee or espresso. (If you prefer instant espresso or coffee powder, mix it into your protein powder before adding the boiling water.)
- Add sweeteners or milk/cream to your liking and enjoy!
If you have more time to spend on brewing your beverage, follow these steps:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine 12 ounces (1 1/2 Cups) of coffee and 5 tablespoons of Anavii Hemp Protein Powder.
- Stir frequently until the protein powder has dissolved.
- Once the protein powder has dissolved into the coffee, feel free to add sweeteners or milk/cream to your liking (we recommend hemp milk and agave nectar if you want to keep it plant-based)
Looking for a pre-workout drink? Make it a latte with 1 Cup of steamed or heated milk to round out your BCAAs and take advantage of the caffeine boost!
We love seeing customer creations on our social media! If you make any of our recipes, take a picture and tag @anaviihealth on Instagram for a free shout-out and coupon code.